Please note that due to the subject matter of this project (death/grief) some of the images on this blog might be disturbing.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Deborah Gower Porcelain Hankie





Shirley Esther Reading
16 April 1939 – 4 November 1986

Forget-M- kNot Hankie in Porcelain Slip 2010
Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of Heaven,
Blossom the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Whenever it was vital that I remembered something when I was a child my mother would always tie a knot in my hanky as a gentle reminder. This is a tribute to my loving mother. A true angel - never to be forgotten.

Her gentle touch of kindness caresses me each time I press a hanky to my cheek or wipe a tear from my eye. Every spring I celebrate forget-me-not’s blooming and I see the blue of my mother’s eyes again.

“The Christ Child was sitting on Mary's lap one day and said that he wished that future generations could see her eyes. He touched her eyes and then waved his hand over the ground and blue forget-me-nots appeared, hence the name forget-me-not.”

Legend or myth Wikopedia

No comments:

Post a Comment