Please note that due to the subject matter of this project (death/grief) some of the images on this blog might be disturbing.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Frances Belle-Parker - RIP





I lost two very important people in my life within six months of each other. They were my Nan who passed away at 80 years in December 2005 and in May 2006 my Father, who was only 57. Nan’s death shocked me the most; it was sudden and unexpected. My Father, was diagnosed with cancer 11 months prior to his death. We got to spend the last 3 months of his life by his side. He passed away early one morning surrounded by all his girls.

This work, made from second hand hankies plays homage to the true characters they both were. Dad was very masculine and serious, Nan was extremely gentle but also very strong. They were completely opposite but the one thing they had in common was their wisdom and the place they got to call home, Yaegl country.

I was very blessed to be close to both of them throughout my life. I will never forget them and the traits they have instilled in me.

May you Rest In Peace my Nanny Randall and my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment