Please note that due to the subject matter of this project (death/grief) some of the images on this blog might be disturbing.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Hankie sewn through with fishing line by Monica Oppen, Sydney.




Monica said of her work "until I took the cloth out to stitch it for this project I always thought it was a hankie. I kept it in a drawer with other hankies but never used it because , being made out of linen, it is too rough to use on your nose. I always wondered why someone had embroidered it so much! Also making it uncomfortable! Because I have always thought it a hankie I shall continue to do so! So I have exaggerated the discomfort of using it to try and express the discomfort of grief." Monica Oppen Jan 2010

1 comment:

  1. the texture is incredible. i want to touch it, then i don't.

    ReplyDelete